Monday, January 4, 2010

GOODBYE, TREE

On Saturday we had our first adventure of 2010.

Remember that weird leafless tree The Man got me? Well, turns out it was a
live tree. Y'know, like a regular plant that needs water and sun and stuff to stay alive. Yeah. And somehow my gimpy-brained human didn't realize my tree was alive until it started to die.

So out we went in the rain to bury my tree. The planting instructions said it likes full sun (and
hello! cannot survive indoors). Our backyard isn't very big, doesn't get a lot of sun and already has one tree that makes lemons and another that makes pink flowers. My human didn't think my tree would be happy in our yard, so we went to one of my favorite parks on earth to find it a home.

It took awhile to find a place for my tree where:

a) it wouldn't get peed on
b) it would get full sun
c) we wouldn't get yelled at for planting it

We finally found a clearing at the very top of a canyon where two other weird leafless trees were already growing. My tree should be happy living there with its people. The grass in the clearing is also very tasty, so brother Dutch and I can have free snacks whenever we visit.

16 comments:

agent99 said...

I LOVE that you recycled your tree Puglet - even if your Mom had to do most of the work.
Happy New Year! We look forward to reading about your adventures,

Gen & the Foo

SpencerBartholomew said...

So glad you recycled your tree.. and that you will be able to visit it... just wondering how you found a place it couldn't be peed on?! It will be happy there with its fellow trees. Happy Monday to you all and onward into 2010 and the slimfest!

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! What a great adventure to start out 2010! I think you're going to have to visit your tree a lot because it's going to need a lot of water. Peeing on it might not be the best idea because pee is acidic.

Great way to recycle!

Stubby xoxo

3pugs2luv said...

We had to say goodbye to Yoda, yesterday. He went to sleep. It was Pug Sunday his favorite day of the month & his favorite place to go.Thank you for taking a picture of him at last months Pug Sunday. It was his last one. He is my best friend & I feel like I have to say goodbye to a piece of my heart. Puglet, you have done so much for my pugs & I with your blog full of adventures. We enjoy it so much. It brought us closer together & gave me a little more insight into what might be going on in the pug mind. Thank you for making these last months so much more memorable with Yoda. He was your biggest fan.

Yoda's human

SpencerBartholomew said...

3pugs2luv... So sorry to hear about Yoda... you're in our thoughts and prayers. Puglet's blogs do bring us all together to share the love... believe me - our hearts bleed.

Ollie said...

A beagle hug to Yoda's grieving family who lost a beloved member of their pack. We share in your loss and will miss him here.
Ollie xo

Rosie the Party Pug said...

I'm sure we all understand the sadness that Yoda's family is feeling. You are definitely in our thoughts today...pug hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Pug Hugs to Yoda's family. My heart is breaking for you.

Ann pugmom to Frodo.

Tiffany said...

My heart hurts for you, Yoda's human. I'm very sorry that you lost your little Yoda yesterday.
Pug hugs and love to you,
Lafayette Lola's mom,
Tiffany

Anonymous said...

Dear Yoda's mom,

You're in my thoughts today as I hope you find some comfort at this terrible time. I'm so glad I got to see a picture of your precious Yoda here on Puglet's blog last month. Sending you a big virtual hug!

-Mushu's mom

Arlo The Pug said...

Awww! How nice that your tree has friends! You are a great...ummm...tree-haver! Good Luck to your tree and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Yoda's Mommy- Tears and pug hugs from Las Vegas. My heart is hurting for you. ~Las Vegas Lola's Mommy, Megan

Buford T. Justice said...

Puglet, that's a Great thing to do with your tree. Maybe our human will get a live tree next year.......

To Yoda's Mom, We are so sorry to hear about your dear Yoda. Our Mom is dreading the day that any one of us goes...... Thank you sooo much for sharing Yoda with us, he will be missed but we will not forget. We love being a part of all the Pugs extended families.

Our hearts go out to you,
Buford T. Justice, Bambi, Peggy, Per-Li-Mae and Lacy Pug

THE PUGLET said...

HUGS to sleeping Yoda & his family

:(

THE PUGLET said...

Dutch and my human say HUGS too.

:(

Mr. Puggle® said...

funny pic of the pups! great job planting a tree guys!