Monday, May 11, 2009

THE AGILITY PUG

Tunnels and hoops and jumps. Woo-Hoo! Look at me GO.

Alright... that's not me. But it's not the greatest picture my human has ever taken, so thought I might get away with it. Until my human chimed in with: How fair would that be to Arnie, the pug in the photo who actually ran through tunnels and hoops? On a very hot day.

Anyway. No matter who's doing the running, it's called "Agility" and it looks FUN! Brother Dutch's spotted friends were doing it and there were lots of those racy Australian dogs too, which made me feel a little... well... slow. And short. And generally not very agile. Then I saw Arnie. He was like lighting!

At 13" tall, Arnie the agility pug competes in the 12" class. This means the jumps he flies over are almost as tall as he is! Arnie's diminutive puggy stature probably makes going through tunnels easier, but this doesn't seem like a major size-advantage. I mean, how hard can it be to go through a tunnel? It's not like you defy gravity or anything. Flying over 12" jumps on the other hand, wow. That must take some work.

I didn't get to test out my Agility at the competition yesterday, but after watching Arnie I'm dying to try. Next time I post an agility photo, I swear I'll be the pug in it.

3 comments:

Margie said...

Such a cute pug! I do agility with all three of mine and we love it. :-)

THE PUGLET said...

Yeah, Arnie the agility-pug was really cool.

I'm definitely going to try it!

Rosie the Party Pug said...

Go Puglet!!!